480 Series HEP
Available from Clements National Co.
Head end power (HEP) for locomotive hauled passenger rail cars. 6 contact, integrally molded head end power connectors.
Benefits & Features
• Integrally molded plug and receptacle connectors
• Integral molded design provides superior environmental and shock protection
• Qualified to APTA and Amtrak D77-24 specifications
• ASTM Class M copper wire stranded cables assure maximum flexibility under adverse temperature conditions
• Multi-tined socket contact design for enhanced contact performance
• Floating silver-plated copper contacts, self-aligning for easy mating, resist excessive voltage drop
• Maximum water tightness
• Receptacle skirt features a patented, integrally molded, expandable stabilizer to eliminate insertion problems often encountered in connectors with glued support rings