Falling Dart Impact Testers
Available from IDM Instruments® Pty Ltd
The Falling Dart Impact Tester covers the determination of the
energy that causes Polyethylene Film to fail under specified
conditions, with the impact of a free-falling dart. This energy is expressed in terms of weight (mass) of the dart falling from a specified height, which would result in 50% failure of specimens tested. For example: Using Method A, the unit employs a dart with a 38mm diameter hemispherical head, dropped from a height of 660mm. This unit may be used for films whose impact resistance requires masses of approximately 50gms to 2 kg to fracture them.
• F0008-M1: Falling Dart Impact Tester - A Method
2x Aluminium Dart Head - 38mm (50g)
Drop Height - 660mm
Brass Weights - 2x5g, 8x15g, 8x30g, 8x60g
• F0008-M2: Falling Dart Impact Tester - A & B Method
1x Aluminium Dart Head - 38mm (50g)
1x Stainless Steel Dart Head - 50mm (280g)
Drop Height: 660mm & 1500mm
Brass Weights - 2x5g, 8x15g, 8x30g, 8x60g, 2x15g, 8x45g, 8x90g
• Custom Brass Weights: Available upon request
• F0008-OP1: Kinetic Energy Option - Total Energy Impact of Plastic Films.
The Falling Dart Impact Tester is mounted on top of the Kinetic Energy option. There is a catch box and two optical filter sensors measuring the fall time difference after breaking the film and passing through which is displayed on an instrument panel as time.
• ASTM D1709 • ASTM D4272 • JIS K7124 • AS/NZS 4347.6 • GB 9639 • ISO 7765-1